Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for Trainee Instrument Pipefitter to carry out all activities associated with the instrument assembly workshop, under workshop supervision.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Basic Knowledge of Small Bore Tubing processes
- Working within a service industry with a keen focus on, and compliance with, QHSE policies
- Previous experience of mechanical or hydraulic engineering
- Previous experience of working within an environment that requires strict adherence to processes and procedures
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Numeric skills
- Ability to work to strict standards and procedures
- Computer Literacy
- HSE and QA awareness
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- ECITB TSBT01
- ECITB TSBT02
- ECITB TSBT03
- Cold Pipe Bending
- NVQ 3/ONC/HNC/HND Engineering discipline
- Be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of process systems and /or Hydraulic products and related fabrication procedures
- The ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience in Instrument and Hydraulic systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To help and assist in the installation of a variety of Small Bore Tubing
- To gain understanding on how to modify installations as requested by Workshop Supervisor/Management
- To learn how to Bend / Run / install a variety of Small Bore Tubing
- To be able to install Bracketry
- To understand how to ensure that all tasks are carried out as per manager’s/supervisor’s written and verbal instructions, Work instructions, GA drawings etc
- To understand how to ensure all jobs are undertaken to the required quality and specification and comply with Company QAM Procedures
- To take part of other activities in the workshop if required.
- To ensure that all safety rules and regulations are conformed to at all times
- To ensure that work areas are maintained clean and hazard free at all times
HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality)
- Ensure that work is produced and delivered in conjunction with the company’s Quality procedures, BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and Customer specifications
- Ensure that work activities are executed in accordance with the Company’s HSE Management System and where applicable the customer’s site rules.
- Take all the necessary actions to reduce risks in the workplace
- Ensure work areas are maintained clean and hazard free
- Ensure that risks are assessed and risk assessments completed where applicable
- Be available for routine weekly safety inspections audits as per area inspection check sheet
- Ensure strict compliance with PPE regulations, including other staff coming into department
- To be aware of environmental issues associated with workshop procedures
Continuous Improvement/Personal Development
- Take part in any Tool Box Talks and other communication processes to ensure you keep up to date with recent events or changes within the department and for the smooth running of the day to day work detail and daily planning
- Actively take part in the Performance appraisals system
- Comply with the Human Resource Management systems and procedures
- To work overtime, if necessary to ensure organisational or client deadlines are met
- Participate and assist with internal and external audits and budget processes
- Adopt and promote good working practices ensuring compliance with the Company’s HSE and Quality Management Systems
- Commit to continuous improvement and development.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618654.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.