Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an Projects Engineer (Small Bore Tubing & Hydraulics) within our IAR division, to be based onshore from our Aberdeen site. The role of the Project Engineer (IAR Small Bore Tubing & Hydraulics) will be to provide an accurate, timely, efficient, and effective SBT/Hydraulics inspection, repair, installation and commissioning service to each customer. Preparation of Bills of Materials (BoMs) Cost Time & Resource Planning (CTRs), Calculations, Work Instructions & Workpack development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the service will include (but will not be limited to):
- Project Management of both Small Bore Tubing (SBT) and Hydraulics workscopes within the IAR Division.
- Provide assistance and supervision with continuous development of SBT in house systems, reporting and awareness training.
- Hands on execution/support of projects on site and in workshop as required in accordance with the work pack and customer instructions.
- Ensuring Hydrasun owned equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with OEM requirements.
- Housekeeping of Hydraulics workshop and work area.
- To visually inspect customer’s SBT and Hydraulic Systems onsite, in line with the Company’s inspection procedures.
- To inspect and record condition, type, application, and components, in line with procedures.
- To assess the suitability of the SBT and Hydraulic Systems for the application and to recommend changes as appropriate.
- To complete all documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
- To input site service results into the HIMS database.
- To submit a report with details of unsatisfactory SBT and Hydraulic Systems to the customer’s representative and recommend possible solutions, where applicable.
- To write and submit a final ‘End of Survey’ reports
- To ensure the accurate completion and submission of timesheets
- To recommend possible solutions to problems identified with the customer SBT and Hydraulic System applications or operating procedures
- To develop a ‘Bill of Materials’ for replacing SBT and Hydraulic systems, assembling, fitting, flush and test of SBT systems onshore and offshore
- To ensure that work activities are executed in accordance with the Company’s HSE policy and where applicable the customer’s site rules
- To carry out Toolbox Talks and other safety measures to ensure the smooth running of the day to day work detail and daily activity planning
- Review customer supplied circuit diagrams, P&ID’s and GA’s to determine proposed scope of work for Hydrasun
- To define equipment and tools specification requirements to execute the work
- To complete product take offs if required and prepare list of materials and consumables
- Produce method statements and risk assessments as per job requirements
- Lead the installation and commissioning of Hydraulic equipment both onshore and offshore.
- Ensure that in house manufacturing of hydraulic equipment are completed as per customer specifications, Hydrasun Quality standards and schedule
- Ensure that in house overhauling and testing of hydraulic equipment such as pumps, motors, valves, cylinders, PSV’s, and accumulators are completed as per Hydrasun procedures and necessary reports, and engineering data are generated.
- Vocational qualification in Mechanical discipline (e.g. HND/HNC or City & Guilds)
- Experience in the Small Bore Tubing & Hydraulic service industry
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic circuit diagrams, P&ID’s and GA’s
- Experience in pressure testing, hydraulic filtration, hot oil flushing, and condition monitoring
- Experience in Hydraulic bolt torquing and joint integrity
- Offshore experience
- Good knowledge about hydraulic and instrument fittings and threads
- Experience in Hydraulic accumulator pre-charging, maintenance, and servicing
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge in MS office
- Mechanical & Hydraulics engineering background and qualifications (degree or similar)
- ECITB TSBT01 & TSBT02
- BFPA Cetop level 2 or Industrial hydraulics certificate course (or equivalent)
- Computer Skills to include: MS Word, Excel, Teams, Bluebeam.
- Diploma in Mechanical/hydraulics engineering
- Knowledge of drilling and subsea equipment
- Knowledge of ship board and marine hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of electro hydraulic control of pumps
- Shaft alignment and measurement
- Commissioning of hydraulic equipment
- PSV/PRV calibration and certification
- Chemical cleaning and flushing of piping systems
- Parker product knowledge
- AUTOCAD or similar drafting or design software knowledge
- Hydraulic torquing course
- Accumulator maintenance and certification course
- Oil filtration and condition monitoring
- N2 awareness course.
- Hydraulic System Contamination Management qualification
- BFPA Stage 1 and 2 Hydraulics, Pump and pump control and Troubleshooting.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: email@example.com or 01224 618690.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.