Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for a Hydrogen Safety Engineer as part of Hydrasun’s Operations and Engineering teams, you will be leading on aspects relating to hydrogen safety as it applies to the design, build, test and deployment of hydrogen production, storage and refuelling solutions.
The Hydrogen Safety Engineer will work with the Senior Management Team to provide process safety support to enable the growth aspiration of Hydrasun’s hydrogen division including the develop of new technologies and products, design and assembly of Hydrasun’s and third-party hydrogen products and delivery of full Engineering, Procurement and Construction of hydrogen production and hydrogen refuelling solutions.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in relevant Engineering qualification
- Chartered Status
- Skills in Risk and Hazard identification, assessment, and management.
- Practical problem-solving skills.
- Effective Communication and ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Project management skills, including Reporting and monitoring.
- Familiarity with the V-model approach to Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with industry best practice around Hydrogen and compressed gas safety including guidance
- Experience with Hydrogen and compressed gases
- Development of DVPs and execution of test plans
- Development of/contribution to DFMEAs
- Relevant experience of Projects & Development support
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the full suite of Technical Safety Engineering studies and the Hazards and Effects Management Process such as HAZID / HAZOP, ALARP Demonstration, COMAH Case Development, Performance Standard Development
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to influence change through fully engaging with key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to maintain a professional and focused approach at all times, in particular in customer facing situations
- Safety training
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience relevant to safe management of high-pressure hydrogen.
- Proven knowledge of Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and hydrogen infrastructure.
- Safety laws and regulations for hydrogen (or other flammable gases at pressure) e.g., DSEAR/ATEX, PED/TPED.
- Hydrogen Standards (e.g., ISO, SAE)
- An in depth knowledge of the behaviour of Hydrogen as a gas and the associated hazards
- Hands-on experience setting up tests and operating test equipment/instrumentation
- Understanding of hydrogen Vehicle-level testing
- Relevant experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore). Experience in supporting Hydrogen facilities or Hydrogen related projects as a Technical Safety Engineer preferred.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618690.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.