Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for a Group Production Manager for our growing Glasgow facility.
The successful candidate will play a critical role within the Group Delivery team and provide oversight for all panel and complex product assemblies being manufactured and assembled at Hydrasun facilities in the UK and Europe. They will manage any interconnected dependencies between projects in the business and facilitate resource allocation to projects and forecast resource demand.
An essential part of the role will be to assess the manufacture and production processes across the Hydrasun facilities, identifying where changes/improvements can be made and then spearheading the implementation of changes. The business are looking for an experienced senior manufacturing professional with experience of implementing improvements across different factories and sites.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- HNC/HND/Degree in electro/mechanical engineering, manufacturing management is desirable or significant suitable experience
- Relevant experience as Manufacturing or Operations Manager/Director for SME manufacturing businesses
- A strong team manager with a breadth of engineering expertise and with significant years of working in a workshop or production environment.
- Significant experience of using influencing skills at a senior level and in a challenging arena. Ability to operate effectively in a multi stakeholder environment at all levels of the organisation, including but not limited to business-to-business clients, stakeholders, suppliers and internal colleagues and teams
- Team leadership roles at a strategic managerial level, managing cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to think strategically and adaptively in order to be able to quickly evaluate the potential or actual impacts of changing circumstances or priorities and complex and difficult business issues
- Ability to constructively challenge current thinking and evaluate business and contractual risk, building in appropriate safeguards to protect the organisation. Provide advice and guidance across the organisation in this regard
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable planning, organizational, influencing and negotiation skills.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- A track record in manufacture or production of equipment for the oil & gas, petrochemical or power (conventional or renewable) industry
- Experience of hydrogen related products
- Full project lifecycle management experience from concept development, prototyping, manufacture, commissioning through to closeout/handover.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To create and develop an organisational structure to ensure the business has sufficient capability and capacity to deliver against external and internal project delivery requirements
- To strengthening manufacturing and production management governance structures and processes to enable achievement of high standards and consistency of product delivery
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing the manufacturing and production strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects within the Hydrasun workshops to meet safety, scope, cost, schedule and business benefit targets
- Ensures all projects have detailed effort estimates documented and baselined production plans
- Managing and reporting on key milestones across all projects progressing through the workshops
- Works with project managers and other key stakeholders to mitigate and manage risks to milestones to prevent milestone slippage
- Manages cross-project and interdepartmental dependencies
- Provides regular reporting and communication on project status
- Tracks, manages, and reports project portfolio risks and issues
- Accountable for ensuring there is proper change control across all projects and that any scope changes are documented and, where appropriate, additional fees are recovered from the customer
- Ensuring all projects carried out in accordance with company and legislative SHEQ policies and procedures
- Ensuring successful commissioning, handover, and closeout of the projects to client/operations as appropriate
- Work with the Glasgow and Aberdeen Engineering teams to establish requisite procedures required to carry out engineered product builds
- Continuous Improvement/Personal Development
- To actively identifying opportunities for Personal Development within the manufacturing and production team leading to benefits for the employee and the Company
- To actively participate in the performance management process and to ensure agreed personal objectives are met
- To adhere to the procedures as defined in the Safety Management System and Quality Management System
- To adhere to the procedures as defined in the Human Resource Management System
- Responsible for the management and leadership of the workshops in order to achieve the Customer requirements and other KPI’s within the budgets agreed by the Company
- Ensuring that the work is produced and delivered through processes which are clearly specified and consistently controlled in conjunction with the Company’s Quality Procedures, BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and customer specifications
- To conduct regular reviews of the effectiveness of the department processes and implement actions regarding key areas for growth and improvement of services
- Responsible for the overall management, competency, and personal development of the personnel within the sphere of control
- Leading and participating in strategy reviews, internal and external operational audits, budgeting and inventory management processes
- Promoting “best in class” working practices and full compliance with the Company’s HSE, Quality and HR Management Systems
- Provision of regular and comprehensive reports to senior management on the status of the department key indicators with appropriate benchmarks drawn from external sources
- Compliance with statutory regulations e.g. HSE, transport, personnel.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618690.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.