We are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer (EDE) for our Glasgow office, to take responsibility for the design and development of new electrical systems for various applications and assume the position of Electrical Technical Authority for the Company. The EDE’s remit is to ensure that the electrical input to all capital projects is delivered technically fit for purpose and compliant with relevant legislation, standards and industry guidelines.
This role may require intermittent travel to project sites for occasional meetings and surveys. The EDE must be organised, a multitasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should be suitably qualified in Electrical Engineering and be experienced in engineering design, development and manufacture of electrical power and control systems.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree / HND in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 year’s experience in detailed engineering and design of electrical works
- Relevant, previous experience of working in a design engineering environment
- Experience of carrying out engineering design, development and manufacture of electrical power and control systems
- Proficient in the design of electrical power and control systems, that integrate with hydraulic systems.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices standards e.g. ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, ISA, NEMA, CSA, UL, API as well as hazardous area classifications and equipment
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project experience.
- CAD systems
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and focused approach at all times, particularly when customer facing
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Working towards or Chartered Status
- Experience working in an Oil and Gas Service Company environment.
- Experience of integrating electrical systems with hydraulic systems
- Active participation in engineering reviews and/or investigations with customers
- AutoCAD or similar
- Experience in a ‘new energies’ business (renewables, hydrogen, wind, wave, solar)
- Knowledge of materials and processes used within Offshore/Onshore oil and gas and Marine operations
- Training and competency in renewable technologies
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618686.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.