We are recruiting for a Database & Reporting Engineer within our IT department in Aberdeen, to Analyse, design, develop, maintain, administer, and support databases and dependent reporting including data-management.
Please note due to operational requirments, 5 days in the office is required during probation period, and 3/2 hybrid pattern there after if requested.
Purpose of Job:
- Analyse, design, develop, maintain, administer, and support databases and dependent reporting including data-management
- Ensure SQL and Reporting standards compliance including change definition, review, and control of production deployment. Input to associated Change Boards
- Document and apply source control across the SQL and Reporting estate addressing any gaps identified
- Own and champion related Business Systems procedures and working mechanisms continuously improving compliance
- Engage within Business Systems and the wider organisation to recommend and deliver database and reporting solutions
- Coach Business Systems team members on SQL and reporting technical aspects, coding standards and best-practice
- Deploy and upgrade database and reporting solutions, supporting technology transition
- Database planning, administration, and performance tuning / optimisation
- Related support and frequency-based activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Implementation and support:
- Databases in Microsoft SQL Server including OLAP-based reporting.
- Lifecycle management of SQL objects including queries, views, functions, triggers, and stored procedures
- Business reporting in Excel and SSRS
- Application databases and associated reporting
- Maintenance and development of OLAP reporting and data warehouse and related ETL routines (SSIS / SSAS)
- Work with the business ensuring all reporting and database needs are met.
- Database administration including data growth management, backups, indexing, performance tuning etc
- Contribution to the execution of month end processing, systems maintenance, and related reporting
- Contribution to related support.
Essential Qualifications, experience and competencies
- Computing Science degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience delivering database and reporting solutions using MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience working within an environment requiring a high level of standards compliance and procedural control including related ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Implementation and maintenance of data warehouses and business reporting / intelligence solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport within Hydrasun
- Ability to convey appropriate technical detail at all levels
- Microsoft SQL Server database development & administration (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Agent Jobs, maintenance, backup, performance tuning)
- Advanced T-SQL (Schema & query design, views, functions, stored procedures)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SQL development best-practice, coding standard, and source / version control. This includes monitoring and ensuring compliance to such standards
- Documentation and Issue tracking
- Change control including documentation / definition, proposal, review, and deployment to production.
Desireable Qualifications, experience and competencies
- Relevant certification
- Experience of manufacturing, distribution, and sales IT
- Delivery of database and reporting solutions in an ERP environment
- Coaching, mentoring and development of co-workers in the areas of database and reporting technologies and solutions
- Experience with SQL Server 2019 and 2022
- Implementation of OLAP-based reporting solutions (SSAS Tabular Model)
- Excel / MS-Query / VBA development
- GIT source control.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618686.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.