Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to be based from our Glasgow facility to ensure effective commercial management and reporting within the Division, ensuring high quality responses to all Invitations to Tender (ITTs) and Customer Requests for Proposal (RFP) within the Hydrogen Division.
Reporting to the General Manager (Hydrogen Division) the Commercial Manager will manage the commercial and contractual execution of all projects within the Division from award and until close-out.
- Relevant degree with suitable project and commercial and financial management qualifications
- Extensive experience in an projects / proposal environment in the Energy or related sector
- Excellent Technical Authoring and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of managing tenders / proposals effectively
- Experienced manager of financial systems (estimating, budgeting, costs and invoicing)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make and take decisions independently
- Sound understanding of managing tenders / proposals needs with a strong commercial focus
- Knowledge and understanding of differing commercial and financial instruments and implications
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- A flexible, “can do” attitude and approach with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to lead and to motivate a team
- Experience in the management of engineering and construction contracts (NEC3, FIDIC, IChemE)
- Experience in the use of financial / ERP systems and project management software applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Commercial lead for managing project management software (EcoSys) and in particular monitoring and reporting of project / Division KPI’s within the system Dashboard
- To maintain an effective time-writing system within the Division for accurate cost reporting
- To support the monthly Management review process with commercial data from the Ecosys Dashboard to complement the Division Management Accounts
- To provide cost management and performance across the Division for all proposals and projects
- To ensure a highly effective management system is in place for all Proposals, Tendering and Contract Management activities
- Ensure effective inter-company cost control and allocations.
Tenders and Proposals
- To provide leadership and management of proposal and tendering activities within the Division
- To be the focal point within the Division for all opportunities in relation to Proposals and Tendering
- To develop proposal and tendering strategies along with the delivery plans for individual tenders / proposals for all business opportunities
- To manage and maintain the Gated Management Review Process for all business opportunities (from Go/No Go to Contract Close Out)
- To support the business development lead and lead technical author in the development of technical and commercial responses to individual proposal and tendering activities
- To lead the co-ordination of inputs and responses from internal departments (Branches) to individual tender / proposal submissions
- To co-ordinate supply chain and commercial input activities required to meet tender/proposal requirements
- To ensure tender / proposal documents are dispatched in a timely manner to meet submission / client deadlines.
- To support / coordinate inputs from sales / business development managers to the CRM / opportunity management system
- To ensure an effective handover and review process following contract award
- To effectively manage and negotiate Terms and Conditions with all customers in order that the contractual risk and exposure is clearly understood prior to acceptance of contract orders
- To ensure tenders and proposals are developed within EcoSys to provide a seamless transfer of data from the tender phase into contract execution.
- To manage the successful execution of projects / contracts in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Engineer, including the identification, submission and negotiation of variations
- To ensure the effective ongoing commercial administration of live projects, including project invoicing, stage payments, agreeing final accounts, etc
- To manage the commercial and contractual interface with any sub-contractors including negotiations of variations and approval of sub-contractor invoices
- To ensure that all project costs are accurately recorded in EcoSys and to monitor the ongoing commercial performance of the project, highlighting commercial risks to the General Manager and Division Director as required.
Leadership / People Management
- To take responsibility for leading the day-to-day commercial management of the Division
- Responsible for managing tenders / proposals costs in line with agreed budgets
- To promote and encourage a team working environment and a culture of continuous improvement
- To carry out regular team meetings and other communication processes to ensure the smooth running of projects or other tasks
- To support the General Manager and Director brief the Division and other Group Executives on key commercial matters.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 618686.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please complete the fields below and upload your CV.